Plugs into a USB port on your computer and provides you with a hardware serial interface: perfect for giving your home-brew Arduino-compatible projects a USB interface compatible with the Arduino IDE.
Particularly useful when reflashing Sonoff devices, because the output can be switched to 3.3V.
Provides a 6-way female connector with pinout matching the popular FTDI cable. Just plug it into a header intended for an FTDI connection, and you’re good to go.
But this board is so much more than just a USB to serial adapter: it’s actually a really useful general purpose breakout for the ATmega16u2 MCU! We’ve included headers along the edge of the PCB for the rest of the I/O pins, so you can re-flash the board with whatever firmware you like and use it as a general purpose 16u2 development board.
- Provides virtual serial port on USB connection
- Micro USB socket
- 6-pin header matching FTDI cable pinout
- jumper-selectable 3.3V and 5V operation
- Breakouts for all ATmega16u2 I/O pins
- Power, TX, and RX activity LEDs
- Supplied with Micro USB cable