The Rack32 is a control board that helps you build your own rack-mounted projects for home automation, industrial automation, music, networking, or anything else that can take advantage of standard 19″ rack hardware.
It is one component of the Universal Rack Controller project, which provides you with a framework for building your own rack-mount devices.
The Rack32 comes in two versions. The regular “RACK32” version includes an onboard PCB antenna, which is convenient if you don’t care about WiFi performance and will connect to it via Ethernet or USB. The “RACK32E” version has a U.FL socket for an external WiFi antenna, which will allow you to have excellent WiFi performance even if your project is mounted inside a metal rack-mount enclosure.
If you select the “RACK32E” version, you can pair it with the 2.4GHz / 5GHz Antenna with Lead for maximum performance even inside a metal enclosure.
- ESP32 microcontroller with WiFi
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet
- 802.3af Power-over-Ethernet support with 12W output
- DIY Power-over-Ethernet support for use with simple 12V PoE injectors
- Pluggable terminal block for optional external DC power input
- Automotive-grade voltage regulator for harsh electrical environments
- 6-way IDC “I2C-Breakout” header for linking to other boards within the rack enclosure
- 8-way IDC “SPI-LCD” header for connection to an external LCD
- USB-C connector for loading firmware
- Auto power source selection between USB-C, PoE, and external DC input
- IO header with power, 2 x I2C ports, and the ESP32’s second hardware UART
- Micro SD card slot for storage of config files, logs, and media
- Onboard temperature sensor
- Header for front-panel power LED (not included)
- 2 versions available: Rack32 with onboard PCB antenna, and Rack32E with socket for external antenna