This shield allows your Arduino to control a door lock using an electric strike plate and one of a number of commonly-available RFID modules, and is based on the circuit described in the “RFID Access Control System” project in Jonathan’s book “Practical Arduino“.
Note: Does not include the RFID reader module itself. You need to purchase a module separately. We recommend Priority 1 Design as a good source of compatible modules.
Supported reader modules include:
- Connections for RFID reader module
- Connections for status LED output
- Connections for manual strike release
- Output to control 12V electric door strike
- Power pass-through jumper
- Reset button wired through to Arduino reset pin
- Blue “Arduino power” LED
- Green “External power” LED
- Red “Strike plate activated” LED
- Prototyping area